'Early Sensation' is an evergreen clematis which grows up to 3m (12ft) tall, with green, divided leaves that emerge with striking bronze tints for an early display of extra colour, making it a stunning centrepiece for your garden.
From March to May, 'Early Sensation' bursts into life, its clusters of delicately alluring, nodding flowers releasing a delicate, sweet fragrance into the air. The large (up to 7cm wide) cupped flowers are pure-white with a greenish-yellow centre.
A superb feature plant that flowers through the spring, Early Sensation is also remarkable for its evergreen leaves which provide year-round interest in your garden.
Robust and fully hardy, this clematis is highly ornamental over a long period and is always in demand and quite rightly so - plant it in free-draining soil by doorways or alongside pergolas to make the most of its pristine blooms and evocative fragrance.
Supplied as an established plant in a 7cm pot, it's popular and always in demand, so make sure that you don't miss out on the limited stock.
- Plant with the crown of the plant 5-8cm deep to encourage new shoots to grow from below ground level
- Clematis like a cool root run so try and plant so that the roots are shaded. If you are planting in a sunny position, place some pieces of slate or flat stones on the soil after planting or use groundcover plants to keep the roots cool.
Planting your Clematis 'Early Sensation':
- If planting by a wall or fence - the hole should be dug approx. 30cm (12in) away from its base
- If planting by a tree - plant about 2 feet (60cm) away from the trunk leaning the cane of the clematis towards the support.
- Dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the clematis is in place.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
Plant with the crown of the plant 5-8cm deep to encourage new shoots to grow from below ground level.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball and water well
Aftercare advice for your Early Sensation Clematis:
- Feed in spring with a general-purpose feed, avoiding the stems. Mulch immediately afterwards with organic matter such as well-rotted manure, leaf mould or garden compost.
- Water regularly during periods of dry weather in the first few seasons after planting, especially for container plants.
- Clematis in pots should be given a liquid feed through the summer and early autumn.
Pruning Your Clematis:
- No regular pruning is required, but if necessary, prune immediately after flowering when the danger of frost has passed. Cut new plants back to just above a strong pair of leaf buds about 30cm (12in) above soil level to encourage multiple stems.
- Established plants just need overlong branches trimming back and any dead or winter-damaged shoots pruned back to a pair of healthy buds
Our experienced team at the nursery will always carefully package and send your plants nursery fresh in the perfect condition to thrive once you receive and plant them. Although most plants are extremely tough and will not be affected by all but the most extreme of weather conditions, we always avoid dispatching the most perishable plants if extreme frosts or heat is forecast. We also avoid dispatching orders over Bank Holiday weekends.
Please allow 5 to 7 days for your delivery to arrive. If you have ordered a 'pre-order' item, these will be sent out as soon as possible after the quoted dispatch date and we generally ship your entire order with any pre-ordered items. Once your order has been dispatched, we will send you an email with details on how you can track it.
We send most of our orders via a fully tracked courier service with Yodel. We will send you a tracking link as soon as your order has been dispatched. To avoid perishable items being stuck at depots and deteriorating, we will not require a signature on delivery, and we ask out couriers to leave your item in a safe place ad your delivery address.
*Please note, once your item has been delivered, we cannot be held responsible for loss or theft from your delivery address. If you have delivery instruction and require our courier to leave your item in a specific place, please let us know - there is an option to leave a message for the courier at the checkout.
For smaller and single-item orders, we may send these via the post with Royal Mail - Tracking will not be available for orders sent via this method.
**Please note, we cannot guarantee delivery on a certain day or time. Delivery to outlying postcode areas may take 1-2 days longer, dependent on your location.
For all orders, a small delivery fee of £4.99 will be charged or spend over £60 for FREE Delivery!
There are currently no reviews for this item.