Mega Plants are the largest size of Bedding Plants that we sell making them the easiest to look after. They are despatched later in the season as we have grown them to a larger size for you and are ready to be planted straight out into the garden.
Our experts have specially developed these amazing BIG new plants in all the most popular varieties for fabulous, quick, colourful Summer displays in all aspects of your garden! The ideal, affordable 'nursery fresh' solution - delivered directly to your door!
Mega Plants are grown in individual cells and measure approximately 11-16cm in height from the root of the plant to the top of the stem. Our experts have specially developed these amazing big new plant so that they can go straight out into the garden for instant results in any location!
Guaranteed To Give You
- Mega big, easie to handle plants
- Fast track displays with plants arriving ‘in bud’ (or even flowering!)
- Versatility – ideal for beds, borders, containers, hanging baskets and window boxes
- Stunning displays in stylish mixed or eye catching single colours
- Top Quality – expertly grown, arriving nursery fresh, direc to your door
- Quick Gardening – despatched within 10 days of receipt of your order
When your annual plug plants arrive
- Keep trays indoors in a well-lit, draught free area for 24 hours.
- If the compost is a little dry, stand the tray in shallow water. Or spray water lightly over the tray, and then place in a position where there is adequate airflow to dry the excess water from the leaves.
- Once the compost is moist allow the tray to drain.
There may be some loose compost or a slight yellowing of the leaves which is a consequence of the plants being shipped.
This will not affect the condition of the mature plants.
- Water 1-2 hours prior to planting on.
- Gently remove the plugs from the tray by pushing up from the bottom using a pencil or something similar.
- Transfer the plants into small pots or seed trays filled with good multi-purpose compost.
- Water the plants well once, and then do not water again until the compost is nearly dry or the plants are wilting.
- Place the plants in a warm well-lit area but out of direct sunlight.
- Apply a liquid fertiliser after 2-3 weeks.
- Grow on indoors for 3-4 weeks.
- For Spring Bedding Plants, once the risk of frost has passed your bedding plants can be planted outside.
- Harden off the plants prior to planting out, by placing the plants outside during the day and bringing in at night for 2 weeks.
- Water plants 1-2 hours prior to planting out.
- Once planted water the plants well.
- To establish the growth of young plants, it is important that you water regularly especially during dry sunny spells and again in late evening.
- If after planting out there is a risk of frost, cover the plants at night with an old sheet.